Talk about being on a roll: Miami Beach hairstylist extraordinaire Danny Jelaca has completely renovated (and moved!) his namesake Danny Jelaca Salon; he’s starring with Adriana Lima in Lifetime TV’s new hair-and-makeup reality competition, American Beauty Star; and he styled our models’ hair for INDULGE’s soon-to-be-released 2017 Fashion Issue cover story.
We spoke with Jelaca about what to expect when his full-service Danny Jelaca Salon & Spa opens at 300 Alton Road, Suite 100-A, at the Miami Beach Marina. He also gave us some hot tips on fall hair, including how to get that signature Game of Thrones look:
New top salon in South Beach
“I opened my salon five years ago and decided it was time to expand, renovate, relocate. We will have a separate color room and a styling room for hair with 18 stations as well as an O.P. Makeup studio. We’ll be offering manicures and pedicures, facials, waxing and massage. Our medspa component includes a doctor on staff for Botox and fillers. We also have a VIP room to cater to our celebrity clientele. Also: unlimited free parking and covered valet. Amazing for women needing glam in a rainstorm!”
Danny Jelaca’s 5 Miami haircare tips
1. “Game of Thrones has inspired many to braid, braid, braid. I’m loving braids this year – they can give you a romantic feel or be super casual. Simply braid away, and pull braids apart to fatten them up, looking perfectly messy!”
2. “I’m also a huge fan of the lob (long bob). The longer and more textured, the cooler!”
3. “I am living for simple and elegant this fall, but that also requires lots of healthy shine. I recommend a Leonor Greyl hair spa treatment. ‘Indulge’ yourself with a luxurious treatment to make your hair soft and healthy, with a beautiful glow.”
4. “Don’t be afraid to add some really bold fashion colors to your hair, especially cooler tones. Keep it fresh by trying different tones once they start to fade.”
5. “Top off any service with a split-end treatment to repair your split or dry ends. Save your length!”
Danny Jelaca Salon and Spa, 300 Alton Road, Suite 100-A, Miami Beach; 305-604-9696; dannyjelaca.com.